This is Remote LIVE Instructor led Online course delivered via Video Conference using Zoom and GoToMeeting which will teach you the basics of Structured Query Language (SQL) and will focus on T-SQL and Microsoft SQL Server based databases.
Get an in-depth introduction to the SQL and T-SQL terminology, concepts, and skills plus, explore T-SQL scripts, database queries, and data types with Microsoft SQL Server databases.
Weekdays Only (March 11-April 3, 2019)
- Dates: March 11,13,18,20,25,27.April 1,3, 2019
- Monday, Wednesday every week
- 6:30-8:30pm PST (US Pacific Standard Time) each day
- Please check local date and time for first session
- 16 hours of Practical Hands on SQL Fundamentals and Programming on Microsoft SQL Server
- All sessions are recorded and Lifetime access to recordings along with training material, lab exercises, sql scripts used in lab exercises and case studies provided to students
- Real World Use cases and Scenarios
- Trainers are experts in SQL and also Microsoft Certified SQL instructors
Who can take this course?
- Anyone with no background in SQL or databases but this knowledge would help them become more efficient in working with data, tables, or databases.
- Those who work in organizations where the company typically uses Microsoft databases. This course uses Microsoft SQL Server and T-SQL (Microsoft SQL) version of the SQL language. Those who work with Oracle, DB2, or MySQL might not gain as much from this course.
- If you work in: IT, HR, business, Operations, Sales, Marketing, Accounting, Finance, Production, Manufacturing, Healthcare, Financial services, or in any other industry that collects data which has to be manipulated for insights, trends etc.
- Someone who wants to start building foundational coding skills which will help them build a 6 figure salary career in the software industry.
You need a Windows 7 or higher computer
- History of SQL and T-SQL
- Getting Started with SQL and T-SQL – Basic SQL programming knowledge and techniques
- Complete literal SELECT statements.
- Complete basic SELECT statements querying against a single table
- Filter data using the WHERE clause
- Sort data using the ORDER BY clause
- Complete SQL statements that use aggregate functions
- Group data together using the GROUP BY clause
- Filter groups of data using the HAVING clause
- Learn about data manipulation using Transact-SQL (T-SQL), including INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE.
- Explore wrapper objects, such as views and stored procedures.
- Learn about database design and normalization
- Using joins, return columns and rows from multiple tables in the same query
- Understand the difference between the INNER JOIN, LEFT/RIGHT OUTER JOIN, and FULL OUTER JOIN
- SQL Integrity Constraints
- Relational and Relational Databases
The course outline given above is a guideline and the instructor may customize this outline to suit the students in the class. All topics will be covered time permitting in 16 hours.
This class is taught simultaneously across the Globe. We have students join from all time zones across US, other countries in North America (Canada, Mexico), Europe (UK, Germany, France etc.) , Asia (India, China, Japan, S.Korea, Malaysia, Indonesia etc.) and Australia. This lends itself to very enriching, lively, interactive Global discussions during the LIVE sessions. This is a tremendous value addition for the students. The class size is limited to 20. However on an average we have 10-15 students in each class.